In order to keep Modded Minecraft Club a more orderly, calm, and happy place, we have instituted several rules. These rules are what we believe to be the minimum required to create a community of the type we intend to create. If you have any questions about any of the rules please feel free to post them on our forums or ask them to a staff member.
These rules are divided into two categories: Global Rules (which apply everywhere, on the forum and all servers) and Direwolf20 & AllTheMods 3 rules (which apply only on the Direwolf20 1.12 server)
- No griefing whatsoever, even in unclaimed areas.
- Claim all builds. Build vertically or wait for additional claim blocks if you are unable to claim new land. See how here here.
- You may also ask staff members to provide additional claim blocks for already built structures, but you risk getting griefed without a refund while the structure is being built if you choose this route.
- Do not claim any land unless you intend to build in it. Do not simply claim land features because they look nice. Claiming land to prevent other players from getting to it before you are able to do so is fine, but, a staff member may remove your claim if they feel you are taking too long.
- Failure to claim a build will prevent you from obtaining a refund of any items lost if it is griefed. You are guaranteed a refund of lost items if a claimed build is griefed due to a bug in the server.
- If you trust a player in your claim and they grief you you are not entitled to a refund.
- No utilizing exploits in the modpack and/or server
- Report any and all exploits you find or otherwise become aware of via an email to [email protected] as soon as you are able to do so
- No spawn-killing.
- No spamming, in chat, forum threads, or otherwise.
- No racism, sexism, homophobia, or other forms of bigotry. This will result in an immediate permanent ban
- No profanity above PG-13 level. This roughly correlates to a single swear word every 2 hours per player (although this is not a hard limit), and no definitions of swear words (jokes that rely on such definitions are also not allowed).
- Always be respectful to all other players and staff members.
- The use of alternative accounts to evade punishments or bypass server restrictions such as chunk loading limits is prohibited. Alternate accounts for other reasons are allowed, however they must be declared to a staff member.
- Only English is to be spoken in the server chat and on the forums. This is to ensure that our moderators are able to monitor what is being talked about -- we do not want inappropriate things being discussed. We are open to taking on new bilingual (or more) staff members to allow more languages to be spoken in server chat.
- Do not pester staff members for free items, ranks, or anything of that nature (except for the member rank)
- You may ask for item refunds in the scenario where you are griefed.
- To become a member, establish yourself in the world and then talk to a staff member (see this page for more information)
- A moderator’s say is final on all matters and supersedes what is written in these rules. If you believe a moderator is misunderstanding the situation, you may tell them and provide additional information, but, if that does not change their mind that is the end of it.
- Do not attempt to bypass any world borders.
- If there have been 3 months since you were last on MMCC, your base(s) and other claims are eligible to be transferred to another player. We can exempt you from this rule for extended absences if you notify us ahead of time. If you are interested in taking over a base, please talk to a staff member.
Direwolf20 & ATM3 Rules
- Pumping lava from the nether, lava lakes, or anywhere else is not allowed because flowing liquid blocks are liable to lag the server.
- You can, however, place a ranged pump from the Ranged Pumps mod in a crafting grid to obtain a creative drum that will provide unlimited free lava.
- Do not attempt to chunk load anything outside of the chunk loading plugin described here.
- RFTools dimensions are not allowed -- at all.
- When using an RFTools builder as a quarry you must use a clearing quarry card to ensure that other players know that area has been mined and do not attempt to mine it again.
- When using an RFTools builder in the Nether or in the Deep Dark, you must use a non-clearing quarry card, to prevent flowing blocks. The area will still appear as mined because the netherrack/cobblestone is replaced with dirt.
- Any activity that damages the world (RFTools builders acting as quarries, harvesting a large area of a forest, plundering a village, etc.) shall be done in the Nether, End, Deep Dark, or Mining World (accessible at /warp minehere) to prevent aesthetic damage to the main world and to allow us to easily reset the mining world to bring in new resources without disrupting structures.
- There is an exception for the area immediately around your house, provided the activity will not result in a large hole in the ground and does not violate the visible-only quarry rule.
- The /warp minehere world will be reset periodically with at least 2 days warning. If you will be leaving for an extended period of time (ie. a vacation) you are advised to remove all quarries, etc. from the mining world. Items lost due to a reset will not be refunded.